Tuesday 1 April 2014

2014 NaPoWriMo Day 1

Your Desire and Me


"Tell me your desire
and I'll rush to fulfil that wish:
a star from the sky
or do you want a starfish?"
- Caicara Song by Flavio de Araujo (Translated by Rachel Morganstem-Clarren)


Oh, to the fire in my soul,
to the rising sun of my dying night -
tell me what you most desire,
tell me what wish I must fulfil
to keep your bright light burning beside my blackened soul.


Do you wish for the stars in the sky?
All of them dim compared to your light.
Do you wish for the jewels in the earth?
All of them flawed compared to your beauty.
Do you wish for the rainbows in the water?
All of them insipid compared to your aura.


I would bring you the world,
if only you stayed.


Oh, to the ice in my heart,
to the dying stars of my broken dark -
I asked what you most desire,
I asked what wish I must fulfil
to keep your demented soul burning beside my broken heart.


I offered you the world,
if only you stayed -
but my love for you was never good enough,
never good enough for your hollow heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment