Monday 19 March 2012

The Sunday Whirl - Wordle 48










At The Opera

She gestures,
her hand graceful and pale.
The spotlight follows her across
the stage.

Her singing is
soft but powerful
as it wafts over the audience,
echoing gently down the hallways.

Her delivery of the drama
in the scene is flawless,
it is quite clear that
the source of her talent
is inherent.

As the sorrow in her voice
drives tears from my eyes.
There is no limit to her -
she floats, she soars
away from the reality of the stage.

The song,
it carries her away, far away
into the fantasy of the opera.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning. I love this piece, you have placed the words flawlessy and created a moving scene. Brava!
    -brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice description of an opera experience. Every time I go, I feel ephemeral. It seems most of us made the wordle into some performance poem :-) Here is mine (as I can't comment by Name/URL):
    http://phoenix-em.com/mariyakoleva/2012/03/theatrical-wordle/
    Best, M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in that bifocal group...Loved the verse, but it was just a tad small and hard to read.

    ReplyDelete